What is Laser marking?
Laser etching is the process of using a laser beam to permanently cut an image or pattern into a hard material, such as plastic, glass, wood or metal. The pattern is typically programmed into a computer that controls the laser. The strength of the laser is based on the material used and the level of heat required.
Laser marking technology is more widely used in printing field and manufacturing in recent years and laser marking can be applied to several materials, for instance, plastic and rubber, metal and silicon chips. In comparison to the traditional mechanical engraving, chemical corrosion, network printing and oil ink printing, laser marking is characterized by low cost and high flexibility and can be controlled by computer system. The mark produced on a work piece surface by laser is permanent.
Security Seals Laser Marking.
Security Seals laser marking provide the ultimate additional layer of security to various types of security seals, may it be Bolt Seals, Cable Seals or Plastic Seals. With the ability of laser marking Company logos and Names it allows corporate branding for all.
What are the advantages of Laser Marking?
- Permanency – Unlike other forms of marking, Laser Markings do not degrade due to environmental factors such as contact with Acid, Alkaline, and Gas. Laser marking cannot be affected by changes in temperature. This makes laser marking on security seals ideal for the chemical, pharmaceutical and foods industry.
- Anti-Counterfeiting – The markings created by the method of laser marking cannot be forged or changed due to its marking technology; thus providing the ultimate tamper evidence for any security seal.
- Broad application – Laser marking processing means laser can be applicable to the marking of several metal and non-metal materials such as aluminum, copper, iron, wooden and plastic products.
- High Processing efficiency – Due to the ability of increasing and decreasing laser power, the marking strength can be changed to ensure the ideal strength is used for each material.
- High engraving precision – The articles engraved by laser marker are in fine and elegant patterns and the width of the smallest line can reach 0.04mm, with clear, lasting and elegant marking. Laser marking can satisfy the demand of printing plenty of data on very small plastic object, for instance, two-dimensional code with more precise requirements and higher definition.
Due to its unique features and advantages laser marking is the ideal form of marking for all security seals used within the Chemical, Pharmaceuticals and Foods industry. With all three industries carrying substances which can be of acidic nature the laser marking provides the perfect solution with security and strong marking on seals. [/ Vc_column_text] [/ vc_column] [/ vc_row]